Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), invites application for admission to various UG, PG, Ph.D/M.Phil courses -2012-2013
Cochin University of Science and Technology, invites application for admission to various UG, PG, Ph.D/M.Phil courses -2012-2013
FIRST DEGREE PROGRAMMES
a. B.Tech. in Civil Engg., Computer Science & Engg., Electrical & Electronics Engg.,Electronics & Communication Engg., Information Technology, Mechanical Engg. and Safety & Fire Engg., B.Tech. in Polymer Science & Engineering, Five Year Integrated M.Sc. in Photonics
Pass in plus-two examination of the state of Kerala with mathematics, physics and chemistry as optional subjects or any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto securing a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in mathematics, physics and chemistry put together.
b. B.Tech. in Instrumentation Technology
Pass in plus-two examination of the state of Kerala with mathematics, physics and chemistry as optional subjects or any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto securing a minimum of 60% marks in mathematics, physics and chemistry put together, with at least 55% in mathematics separately.
c. B.Tech. in Marine Engg. (Residential Programme)
1)Pass in plus-two or equivalent examination with physics, chemistry, mathematics and english as separate subjects with a PCM average of not less than 60% marks & minimum 50% for mathematics and should have obtained 50% marks in english at 10th or 12th standards. This is applicable to the SC/ST candidates also.
2) Vocational/Diploma students are not eligible to apply.
3) The Maximum age limit prescribed is 25 years as on 1st September of the year of admission.
4) Eligibility for admission will be based on directions from the DG Shipping (Govt. of India)
d. B.Tech. in Naval Architecture & Ship Building
Pass in plus-two examination of the state of Kerala or any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto with a First Class securing a minimum of 50% marks in mathematics as well as for mathematics, physics and chemistry put together.
e. 5 Year B.B.A LL.B. (Hons.) (Cost sharing course)
1) Pass in plus- two examination with 60% marks in science/commerce group or 55% marks in arts/humanities. (For students who had taken their 10+2 or degree through distance or correspondence method are permitted to join the five year course, whereas those who received the course completion certificate through Open Univeristy Scheme without any basic qualification, are declared ineligible for admission to this course)
2. Should not have completed 20 years of age on July 1st of the year of admission.(22 years in the case of SC/ST and OBC candidates.)
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
Bachelor’s degree in Law with at least 45% marks.
b) M.A. Hindi Language and Literature
B.A./B.Sc. degree with Hindi as a subject of study with at least 45% marks in Hindi.
c) M.B.A. (Full-time ), M.B.A.(Travel & Tourism), M.B.A.(International Business)
Bachelor’s degree in any subject with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
d) M.B.A. (Part-time )
(i) Bachelors degree in any subject with 50% marks in aggregate.
(ii) 50% of the seats are reserved for candidates having 3 years of supervisory / executive experience after taking the degree
(iii) In the absence of such candidates as mentioned in (ii) vacancies will be offered to any other candidates satisfying eligibility as per (i). e) M.A. Applied Economics
Bachelor’s degree in Economics with 55% marks in Part III (Economics and Subsidiaries) or 60% marks with B.Com., BBA, BBM with Economics as one of the subject or B.Sc. Mathematics or Statistics with 65% marks.
Any graduate with Mathematics as one of the main or subsidiary subjects or graduate in Electronics/Computer Science/Computer Applications/Engg./Technology with aggregate 55% marks in all subjects other than Languages and Humanities. (Regular and Cost Sharing)
g) M.Sc. Applied Chemistry
B.Sc. degree with Chemistry/Polymer Chemistry/Environmental Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry/ Petrochemicals (main), with Mathematics as one of the subsidiary subjects with at least 55% marks in the main subject.
h) M. Sc. Biotechnology
Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Life Sciences including Agricultural and Medical Science or Chemical Science or Chemical Engg. with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.
i) M.Sc. Electronic Science (with specialization in Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Microwave Electronics and Computer Technology
First class B.Sc. degree with not less than 60% aggregate marks in Electronics or Physics.
j) M. Sc. Environmental Technology Stream I - Env. Engg.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry with Physics and Mathematics as subsidiaries, or Engineering. (Civil/Public Health/Environmental or Chemical) with 55% marks
Stream II - Env. Biotech.
Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences/ Environmental Sciences/ Zoology/ Botany/ Microbiology with 55% marks.
k) M. Sc. Hydrochemistry
B.Sc. degree in Chemistry with Physics and Mathematics as subsidiaries or B.Sc. degree of any University in Kerala with Polymer Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry/Petrochemicals/Environment & Water Management as the main subject and Mathematics and Physics/Computer Science, as subsidiaries with a minimum of 55% marks in the respective main subject.
l) M. Sc. Industrial Fisheries
Bachelor’s degree in Zoology/Botany/Fisheries with at least 55% marks in the optional subjects. Bachelor’s degree in Fisheries includes Industrial Fisheries, Aquaculture/Fishery Science/Industrial Fish and Fisheries/BF.Sc in Nautical science.
m) M. Sc. Marine Biology
B.Sc. degree with any branch of Life Sciences such as Aquaculture, Bio-chemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Microbiology and Zoology as a main subject or B.Sc. degree in Fishery Science with at least 55% marks in the optional subjects.
n) M. Sc. Marine Geology
B.Sc. degree in Geology/Maths/Physics/Chemistry with 55% aggregate marks in optional.
o) M. Sc. Marine Geophysics
B.Sc. degree with at least 55% aggregate marks in (a) Geology (main) with Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry as subsidiaries (b) Physics (main) with Mathematics and Geology or Chemistry or Electronics as subsidiaries (c) Mathematics (main) with Physics and Geology or Chemistry as subsidiaries.
p) M. Sc. Mathematics B.Sc. degree with Mathematics main, with at least 55% marks for optional subjects taken together.
q) M. Sc. Meteorology, M. Sc. Oceanography
B.Sc. degree with Physics/Mathematics as the main subject with 55% marks. Those with Mathematics as the main subject should have studied Physics as one of the subsidiaries and vice-versa.
r) M. Sc. Physics
B.Sc. degree with Physics main and Mathematics as subsidiary with at least 55% marks in Physics.
s) M. Sc. Statistics
B.Sc. degree in Mathematics or Statistics main with at least 55% marks for optional subjects taken together.
t) M.Sc. Instrumentation
B.Sc degree in Instrumentation / Physics / Electronics with 60% marks from any recognized University
M. Tech. Atmospheric Science
1. M.Sc. degree or its equivalent in Meteorology, Oceanography, Mathematics, Physics, and Space Physics with a First Class (60%) marks from any recognized University or Institution. 2. A valid GATE score or a pass in the Joint UGC CSIR Test (NET) for JRF.
M. Tech. Computer Aided Structural Analysis & Design
1. B.Tech or Equivalent degree in Naval Architecture and Ship building/Civil Engg./Mechanical Engg. with a first class (60%) marks from any recognized University or Institution 2. A valid GATE score.
M. Tech. Computer & Information Science
1. B.Tech or equivalent degree in any discipline/AMIETE/AMIE or M.Sc. in Physics with Electronics as special subject or M.Sc. in Mathematics with a first class (60%) marks from any recognized University or Institution. 2. A valid GATE score. M. Tech. Software Engg.
1. B.Tech or equivalent degree or AMIETE/AMIE in Computer Science/Information
Technology or M.Sc. in Computer Software/Operational Research & Computer Applications or MCA with a first class (60%) marks from any recognized University or Institution. 2. A valid GATE score.
M. Tech. Electronics (With specialization in Digital Electronics, Microwave & Radar Electronics)
1. B.Tech or equivalent degree/AMIETE/AMIE in Electronics and Communication Engg./Electrical Engg./Electronics and Instrumentation or M.Sc. degree in Electronics/Physics (with Electronics as specialization) with a first class (60%) marks from any recognized University or Institution. 2. A valid GATE score in Electronics/Electronics and Communication Engineering. 3. If sufficient number of candidates are not available in Category 2, candidates with GATE score in Instrumentation, Electrical & Electronics Engg., Electrical Engg., or Physics will be considered. In the absence of GATE qualified candidates Non-GATE candidates can be admitted on the basis of DAT.
M. Tech. Industrial Catalysis
1. M.Sc. degree in Chemistry/Applied Chemistry or any other degree recognized as equivalent with at least a first class (60%) marks from any recognized University or Institution with valid GATE Score.
M. Tech. Marine Biotechnology
1. B. Tech/ BE in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Leather Biotechnology, Chemistry/Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, B.Pharm., Chemical Technology or M.Sc. in Biotechnology, Marine Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Botany/ Zoology/Biochemistry, Microbiology/Genetics, Biophysics, Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics, Marine Biology/Aquatic Biology and Fisheries/Environmental Biotechnology/Mariculture with 60% marks or equivalent CGPA from any recognized Indian or Foreign University. For admission to M.Tech. Marine Biotechnology GATE score is not considered. Selection of candidates is done by JNU on behalf of Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
M. Tech. Ocean Technology
1.M.Sc. degree in Oceanography/Physics/Marine Geology/Meteorology/Marine Geophysics/Environmental Sciences or M.Sc (Tech) degree in Marine Geophysics or B.Tech. or equivalent degree /AMIE in Civil Engg./Environmental Sciences with 60% marks from any recognized University or Institution. 2. A valid GATE score in any of the subjects mentioned above as the second paper.
M. Tech. Opto-Electronics & Laser Technology
1. Masters degree in Physics/Electronics/Photonics/B.Tech. or B.E. Degree in Electronics and Communication Engg./Electronics Engg./Electrical Engg./Electrical and Electronics Engg. with a First Class (60%) from any recognized University or Institution. 2. A valid GATE score in the concerned branch of study.
M. Tech. Polymer Technology
1. B.Tech. or equivalent degree/AMIE in Polymer Science and Rubber Technology/Chemical Engg. / Technology or M.Sc. Polymer Chemistry/M.Sc. Chemistry with Polymer Chemistry as specialisation with a first class (60%) marks from any recognized University or Institution. 2. A valid GATE score.
M.Tech. Entineering Statistics
1. B.Tech. or equivalent degree/AMIE in any discipline or AMII with a first class (60%) from any recognized University or Institution with valid GATE score
Refer the prospectus for "ADMISSIONS THROUGH DAT"
Admissions are based on Common Admission
Test (CAT)/Departmental Admission Test (DAT)/Test for Lateral Entry (LET).
Admissions to the following M.Tech. programmes are based on valid GATE score as prescribed under the academic regulations specific to each programme. Candidates not possessing GATE may also apply, but will be considered only if GATE qualified candidates are not available. In such cases, admissions will be based on the DAT conducted by the respective Departments.
How to apply:
International students are exempted from the requirement of admission test (CAT/DAT)
for the academic programmes of the University. They can apply either on self financing basis
or through the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) attached to the Ministry of External
Affairs, Govt. of India. They are required to submit the application through online for the
academic programme of the University on payment of US$ 100 by way of Demand Draft / Pay
order/Any other instrument (which does not involve collection charges on the part of the
University) in favour of Registrar, CUSAT.
Applicants who have successfully registered online with CUSAT may forward an advance copy of the confirmation page along with payment of registration fee (D.D/Pay Order) and relevant documents to the following address. The original confirmation page should be forwarded with necessary documents through the Embassy of India in the respective country.
International Relations and Academic Admissions
Cochin University of Science and Technology
Kochi-682 022, Kerala, India.
Only On-line applications will be considered for all B.Tech Programmes including Lateral
Entry Programmes, 5 year Integrated M.Sc in Photonics, 5 year B.B.A. LL.B (Hons.), M.Tech.
and Post Graduate Programmes.
For M.Phil, M.A Translation in German & Russian, Ph.D, Diploma and Certificate programmes, applications can be had from the concerned Departments/Schools/Centres either directly or by post.
Mode of payment for online applications: 1) By cash payment at SBI or SBT bank using the chellan that can be printed out during online filling of applications. After the payment, re-login and enter the Journal No,, Branch Name and Branch Code. 2) By payment gateway using Credit/ Debit/ATM card .
Mode of payment for DAT application: By DD for required amount drawn in favour of “Registrar, CUSAT” payable at Cochin, issued by SBT or SBI ONLY. Candidates should write his/her name and Application No. on upper left hand corner of the reverse side of the DD. The DD should be taken on or after the date of CAT 2012 Notification. DD taken after the last date fixed for the submission of application will not be accepted.
The application fee applicable for various categories are:
Rs. 950/- for General Category Candidates and Rs.425/- for SC/ST Category, Rs. 5950/- for candidates who apply under NRI Quota
For Diploma & Certificate Programmes - Rs. 100/- for general category and Rs. 50/- for SC/ST category.
i. Candidates are instructed to read thoroughly all information published in the website http://iraaa.cusat.ac.in before filling up the application.
ii. If any corrections are to be made before final submission of the on-line registration form, use the menu section to navigate to previous pages. One can also use “Edit my profile” button in the view application screen.
iii. If the candidate is satisfied with the entries after verifying the preview, press the ‘FINAL SUBMISSION’ button for completing the registration process. Take the print out of the confirmation page for future reference.
iv. Request for change of test centre will not be entertained under any circumstances.
v. No separate admit card will be sent to candidate address. Please download the admit card from the website www.cusat.ac.in. The Admit Card can be downloaded by logging in using user name and password.
Date of notification : 10.01.2012
Online registration (CAT/LET) : From 15.01.2012 to 05.02.2012
Sale of applications for DAT from departments and submission of filled up applications to the department concerned : From 16.01.2012 to 10.02.2012
Online registration for M. Tech programmes : From 15.01.2012 to 31.03.2012
Online Registration for International Students: From 15.01.2012 to 31.03.2012
Admit card downloading : From 20.04.2012 to 06.05.2012
Dates of Examination:
All B.Tech. Programmes (Civil, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics and Communication Information Technology, Safety and Fire, Mechanical, Ship Technology, Marine, Polymer Science & Engineering and Instrumentation), 5 year Integrated M.Sc. Photonics, M.A. Hindi, 5 year BBA LLB.(Hons), and M.A. Applied Economics : 5th May 2012,Saturday
PG programmes: LLM. MBA (Part Time and Full Time), MBA (International Business), MBA (Travel and Tourism), MCA, M.Sc.- Applied Chemistry, Biotechnology, Electronics Science, Environmental Technology, Hydrochemistry, Industrial Fisheries, Marine Biology, Marine Geology, Marine Geophysics, Mathematics, Meteorology, Oceanography, Physics, Statistics, and Instrumentation : 6th May 2012 Sunday
B.Tech. Lateral Entry to third Semester (Civil, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics and Communication, Information Technology, Safety and Fire, Mechanical, Polymer Science & Engineering , and Instrumentation) : 13th May 2012 Sunday
For more Information: